Director of the INGO Forum in Burkina Faso
The Humanitarian INGO Forum in Burkina Faso is a network of around 25 international NGOs who are working to address the needs of vulnerable individuals, families and communities throughout Burkina Faso. It provides a platform for members to efficiently and effectively address key issues of common interest, identify strategic issues of concern, advocate for common positions with a unified and consistent voice, collectively engage with external stakeholders, and share information.
Currently the INGO Forum has ToR but not a structure way of working as other INGO Forum worldwide.
The INGO Forum is expected to be reinforced through a new full-time dedicated Director, hosted by Save the Children with potential ECHO funding.
To be successful in this role you must have excellent diplomatic and relationship-building skills, a solid understanding of humanitarian coordination systems, experience managing NGO programs, significant experience with humanitarian and/or NGO coordination, and strong advocacy and policy analysis skills.
- Significant prior experience with humanitarian and/or NGO coordination. Previous experience with directly coordinating NGO networks or sectors/clusters strongly preferred.
- Experience in representation within HCTs, ISCGs, and other IASC coordination mechanisms, as well as with governments, donors, national civil society, and UN agencies. Knowledge and understanding of the UN system, humanitarian coordination architecture, and humanitarian principles essential.
- Experience developing or managing humanitarian policy analysis and advocacy.
- Diplomatic and inter-personal skills, ability to build positive relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-organizational context.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be adaptive to change.
- Ability to think strategically and critically and beyond the local / country context.
Contract length: 1 year with possibility of extension
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 12 Feb 2020
Closing date: 5 Mar 2020 - 00:59 WAT
Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time